The First Friday Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
St Augustine's Church 631 Burke Street Melbourne
St Augustine's is a beautiful prayerful Church just up from the Southern Cross Station, and is the venue for the very important First Friday devotions and Prayers for Australia.
The afternoon commences at 1:05PM with Holy Mass. Immediately after Holy Mass there is exposition of the Most Blessed Sacrament and the prayers in honour of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This section concludes by about 2:00PM. Then if one has time, you may like to join us for an hour of prayer in which we recite the Holy Rosary, and conclude with Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3:00PM.
Miracle of the Rosary Mission 1st Friday Manual
"The First Friday of each month was designated by Our Saviour Himself as a day to be consecrated to honoring His Sacred Heart... As the object of his devotion is to make Our Saviour Jesus Christ ardently and perfectly loved, and to make reparation for the outrages offered to Him in the past, as well as for those which he daily receives in the Blessed Eucharist..." Jesus Christ merits our love at all times, but alas! He is despised and outraged in the Sacrament of His love at all times, and so people should at all times make reparation to Him.
We should then adore Jesus Christ in this holy Sacrament, make a fervent act of love to Jesus in the tabernacle, thank Him for having institued this Mercy of love, express our sorrow at seeing Him so abandoned, and resovle to visit Him as soon as possible and love Him unceasingly.
Attendance at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is assuredly the best means of honoring and loving the adorable Heart of Jesus:
1. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
2. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
3. Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
4. Act of Reparation
5. The Litany of The Sacred Heart of Jesus
6. The Sacrament of Reconciliation
The Promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque:
1. "I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life".
2. "I will establish peace in their homes".
3. "I will comfort them in their afflictions".
4. "I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all in death".
5. "I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings".
6. "Siners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of Mercy".
7. "Tepid souls shall grow fervent".